Applications Now Open
Improving Sporting Performance
The Athlete Performance Programme (APP) Explained
- The APP supports youth athletes who have demonstrated potential for becoming high-performance athletes in the future. The athletes receive up to four hours of strength and conditioning training per week before or after school at our facility at: Inline Fitness Centre, Blaydon.
- The programme adopts a holistic approach to training centred on the concept of long-term athletic development and the welfare of the young Athlete.
- A programme of educational workshops and mail shots are also provided for athletes, sport specific coaches and parents.
How do I become part of the Athlete Performance Programme?
Applicants applying for the Athlete Performance Programme must meet the following criteria / and complete the online application form including mandate.
- Attend school or live within Gateshead / Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Aged between 11 – 18 years
- Commit two mornings a week for training sessions pre-school 5:30am – 8:30am / 3:30pm-6:30pm.
- Attend any events supporting the programme.
- Represent the programme by wearing Programme Merchandise at Training and Events.
Entry to the programme is determinate by assessment. (See Form Below)
Each Athlete will receive an individual Long Term Development Plan which will enable us to enhance the opportunity to peak in condition for competitions. We will assess, plan, action and review each Athlete using nationally recognised software.
The Athlete Performance Programme will provide up to 4 hours of Strength and Conditioning support per week, comprising of up to 2 hours hands on delivery and 2 hours of external programme design and delivery (sessions to do at home/at the gym in own time, training advice, partner Physio discount etc). This will be for competing Athletes and the coaching will be delivered by Qualified Trainers. The total cost is £45.00 per month (6 x 1-1 sessions). This is a reduced fee normal cost is £30 per hour (£240 per month).
Part A: Completing the form
After completing the application form it will be passed to your PE teacher and your coach for them to validate.
Part B: Selection
Applicants may be invited to attend a selection session which may be individual or group orientated. The session will last up to a total of two hours. The sessions will be orientated around a practical training session and will include elements of:
• Co-ordination and the ability to understand and follow instructions
• Creative ability, decision making, awareness and teamwork
• General physical attributes
• Overall aptitude
Part C: Results of the selection process
On completion of the session a final decision will be made. We will notify candidates of the result of the selection process. You will be required to attend your chosen facility in order to complete your application prior to commencing your confirmed place. This will involve completing a Direct Debit mandate.
Candidates may receive notification of one of the following:
• A provisional place which they then accept or decline
• A reserve place which they can accept or decline
• No place
The decision of the selection is final at all stages of the application process.
To register your application please complete the form below and we will be in contact: